Reminiscence of President Obama
December 2, 2016
Filed under National and local news
Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.
Email This Story
President Barack Hussein Obama II was elected into presidency on November 4, 2008 where he was sworn into office on January 20, 2009 and was re-elected in 2012. His term will end on January 20, 2017 where Donald J. Trump will succeed the presidency. Obama is the 44th elected president of the United States, additionally being the first African-American president. Through hard work and rising through the go
vernment he was able to leave a significant legacy on America.
Barack Obama was born on August 4, 1961 in Hawaii to a white mother from Kansas, named Ann Dunham and a black Kenyan father named Barack Obama Sr., while studying in Hawaii. Obama was raised through the help of his grandparents and hard work into colleges such as Occidental College, Columbia University, and Harvard University. During his time at Harvard he met Michelle Robinson, whom he married where they had two daughters named Malia Ann and Natasha. In 2004, Obama ran for the Illinois state Senate and won the highest margin of votes of the state’s history. In 2007, Obama announced his race for presidency where he competed against other Democratic candidates and became the Democratic nominee. After being declared the Democratic nominee he began a competition against the Republican nominee, John McCain. Obama was elected into presidency in 2008, where in 2009 was sworn into office and became president of the United States.
Throughout Obama’s two terms in office, he has made many accomplishments but also failed in other issues. Despite this Obama has done many measures to help ensure and support the citizens of the United States. President Barack Obama has left a legacy for the United States for the capabilities he has done and being the 44th president. The 45th elected president will be Donald J. Trump who has won the election as the presidential candidate and will be sworn into office on January 20, 2017.
Some achievements may include:
- Health Care Reforms: Affordable Care Acts that covers insurance for many Americans such as Obamacare.
- The Stimulus: Recovery Acts to help stimulate American growth from an economic recession to millions of new jobs.
- Pulling of troops: Ordered US troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan, bringing home tens of thousands of Americans.
- Support for Schools and Education: Creation of next-generation tests, improvements of nutrition, and cracking down on bad for profit colleges.
- Demise of Bin Ladin: Commenced an operation of special forces into raiding and killing the leader of Al-Qaeda and the one responsible for the 9/11 terrorist attacks.