The Mandela Effect !!

Maverick Bautista

Did Mickey Mouse ever wear suspenders? Did Curious George ever have a tail? If you thought they did, you are wrong. But don’t worry, this is normal. It is called the Mandela Effect. If you are wondering what this is, don’t wonder any longer.

The Mandela Effect is a controversial topic in which people share untrue memories and facts of the past. Some even say that this is caused by parallel universes that are spilling into our own or this is because of a failure of collective memory. Collective memory is the shared pool of knowledge and information in the memories of two or more people in a socialized group. The Mandela Effect originated because of a man named Nelson Mandela. When he got out of prison, many people were shocked and surprised. Why? The people thought that he already died when he was in prison.

Just like I said in the beginning, Mickey Mouse didn’t wear suspenders nor Curious George did not have a tail. You might have thought that Darth Vader said “Luke, I am your father.”, but he didn’t. He actually said “No, I am your father.” People also remember the line “Life is like a box of chocolates.” from Forrest Gump, but it really isn’t. He said “Life was like a box of chocolates.” The Queen in Snow White never said “Mirror, mirror on the wall.” Instead, she said “Magic mirror on the wall.” She also said “Who is the fairest one of all?” Also, the spelling of febreeze. It is, actually F-E-B-R-E-Z-E. These are only some examples of the Mandela Effect. Thank you for taking your time to reading this article about the Mandela Effect.