Rick and Morty review

Benicio Carrasco

Wubba lubba dub dub Rick and Morty fans as season 3 is coming this summer after the greatest epic reveal on April first. Rick and Morty is created by Justin Roiland and Dan Harmon in an attempt to save the tv channel known as Adult Swim from being cancelled due to low ratings. Rick and Morty is about a nihilistic supergenius who travels with his grandson Morty through different dimensions. The show has been able to gain a cult following ever since its first broadcast. The cast of Rick and Morty are Justin Roiland who plays both Rick and Morty, Chris Parnell who plays Jerry Smith, Spencer Grammer who plays Summer (Morty’s sister) and Sarah Chalke who played Morty’s mother and Ricks daughter. Rick and Morty also have their own brand of comic books by Oni Press (they are also known for reviving the beloved how Invader Zim through comic books) or they also published Scott pilgrim vs the world. In Rick and Morty plot, Rick has returned after 20 years of being gone from his daughter’s life and now lives in their garage building strange devices just for the hell of it. However Rick wants to forget about his troubles and distracts himself with crazy adventures. We don’t why until the end of the season that he is in dire need of help since the catchphrase he says that sounds like nonsense is actually a different alien language from bird person universe. When he says lubba dub dub he is actually saying please help me im in horrible pain. The show is not necessarily full of violence and immature jokes for no reason, rather it actually follows a certain philosophy created by George Camu about the absurdity of the universe and the fear of death. We see this when Rick kills himself in another universe for the purpose of replacing him and Morty in that universe. However Morty has a mental crisis. Rick simply gets a soda and watches tv. It takes a darker tone in other episode but I don’t want to spoil any more of the show. I would recommend this show to anyone of my friends.