Opening Statement: the Helios

More stories from Jereme Lua

This is your captain speaking, my name is Jereme Lua, the Editor and Chief of the Helios Newspaper for the years 2016-2017; as well as the current year of 2017-2018. You may already know that the paper has been here for a year already, but for those who don’t know. My staff and I have created a newspaper for people to enjoy articles for students, by students. We publish issues every three weeks about topics covering events happening around the school, city, the US, and the world. We will continue to cover issues objectively, as well as try to have a little fun as we go along. This year we hope to bring you a few short stories from students, hold a few contests, display some art, and run some interviews and surveys from the student body, as well as the faculty. I hope you enjoy what we have in store as much as we have fun bringing it to you.

Sincerely,

Jereme Lua

While you are still here, let me tell you a little bit about myself, I am part of the graduating class of 2018, and am planning to enter the education field to become a museum educator. I want to work at a museum and help people learn as much as they can in an exhibit covered with knowledge. Aside from the Helios, I am a part of Junior Statesmen of America,  and competed in debate before moving on to the newspaper. In my free time, i enjoy playing video games, and watching anime; as per normal for a nerd like me. I am also a freelance disk jockey and work for private parties and events. I write articles regarding school events and things happening across the country, especially in politics. I am excited to write about our stellar debate team, as well as explaining the issues in our government in an objective but easy to read fashion.