The Helios

Gun carried by 16 years old boy shot and killed by the L.A. County sheriff’s deputies

On February 5, 2018, a 16 years old boy, Anthony J. Weber  was being suspected by two Los Angeles County sheriff’s deputies that he was carrying and pointing a handgun at a driver and had another gun tucked into his pants. When the two deputies ordered the young man not to move he ignored their command and tried to run away however, when the young man turned toward the deputies, they shot and killed the young man during the chase. They fired about 10 shots into him and was struck about several times in the upper body. The deputies were not wearing body cameras but they described the features of the weapons fluently which make us believe that they did see the gun and said that he was an alleged gang member. The gun has not been found yet,  so there is ongoing debate over whether Weber was in fact armed.

1 Comment

One Response to “Gun carried by 16 years old boy shot and killed by the L.A. County sheriff’s deputies”

1. Ms. Flummerfelt on February 18th, 2018 3:36 pm

Not to go all English teacher on you guys, but the headline reads like it was the GUN that was shot and killed by the sheriff’s deputies. You might want to consider word order. Ok, going back to science now. 🙂

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

Translate »
The Student News Site of Downtown Magnets High School