WHY PLAY SPORTS IN HIGH SCHOOL?

Nhan Huynh, Writer

Although majority of high school students do not think playing sport is necessity, sports will bring many benefits toward yourself and your “lifelong” learning path.

Playing sports will give you advantages in your life: it teaches you about teamwork, work ethics, communication skill, and leadership. These skills take time to evolve, and can only happen with your hard work and your patient. Ms. Rojas, my P.E. teacher and cross country coach said: “It makes your teachers look at you in many different ways,”.  An athletic student has to go through a more physical and mental challenge respectively, because you are expecting to fail to achieve your personal goal.

Student athletes receive P.E. credit for whatever sport they do such as: cross country, track and field, etc. Ms. Ramos, the counselor, said: “The school is allowed to give P.E credits to athletes who are participating in sport under these requirements: you have passed the Physical Fitness Test, be able to maintain a 2.0 GPA or higher, and must pass all the core subjects math, English, and science.” When we talk about student athletics, we mention that the role of the student always come first. Academic education is always more important than anything else. We need to do our best both inside the class and outside the class, an athlete required a healthy mindset. If you need more information about this feel welcome and talk to your counselor.

This is my second high school year and so far I have been in the soccer team and the track and field team last year. Through playing sport I have learned to improve myself by interacting with a lot of people. It made me feel more confident, and I was able to maintain a 4.0 GPA last semester. Memories and experiences will become more valuable as you go further in your life. Because guess what, time flies!

1 Comment

One Response to “WHY PLAY SPORTS IN HIGH SCHOOL?”

1. Scott Adams on August 9th, 2017 1:59 pm

I like that you talked about how sports can teach about how to work as a team. My son has been wanting to play soccer, after reading some high-school soccer articles. I can see how it would be nice for him to learn teamwork, because it is something he will need the rest of his life. https://sportstarsmag.com/

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

Translate »
The Student News Site of Downtown Magnets High School
WHY PLAY SPORTS IN HIGH SCHOOL?